Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Peoria and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Peoria winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Peoria team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Peoria.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Peoria a call at 309-306-3893 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.