The Entrance to Your Peoria, IL Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important piece of a home and its overall atmosphere. Not only does it function as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also motivate us to get outdoors a little more and take in some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can provide you a lot more than just being an additional door in your home.
Whether you’ve just completed construction on a patio for your home and are searching for a new sliding patio door or you are simply swapping an old one, there are a variety of options to choose from when you kickoff your research. We thought it could be helpful to make the process a little easier by breaking down a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find on the market.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the perks of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have additional space to work with when it comes to decorating and furniture placement. Sliding patio doors also let in a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you conclude if they are right for your home? Here are a few helpful tips to help you while you look:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are created with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a variety of grille styles to select from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A range of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great selection offering craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any area in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help provide superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors have a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, providing you with great flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be guarded by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for added security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A great deal of grille possibilities available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a fantastic addition to Peoria homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a wonderful way to show off this important feature. If you want a comprehensive look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, drop by our Peoria showroom, give us a call at 309-306-3893 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.