The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can discover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are a few color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve read a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles can inhibit their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are typically more costly than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to get replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles could be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the host of options available, we suggest stopping by our Peoria showroom, giving us a call at 309-306-3893 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.