Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Peoria home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Peoria, give them a call at 309-306-3893 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.